Monday, March 11, 2013

Digital Project Life 2013: Week 9

Welcome, Week 9. I certainly stuck with simple this week and I love how the pictures are what I see first... and not  embellishments. Looking over last year's pages and then this year it is really neat to see the changes in my style.

 Left Side:
About the Photos: 
Simple text directly on the photos was the name of the game this week! Doing this frees up many 3x4 slots for extras. 

The black and white photo, bottom left, was edited in Afterglow on my iPhone - love their B/W filters!

I continued to challenge my self for simple with the 3x4 white journaling card documenting what we are watching. Usually I would add screenshots or something about the shows - but I really like how this turned out. 

With extra iPhone photos that I want to include but aren't meaningful enough for their own spot I continue to put them in Cathy Zielske Tiny Templates (link below). Love, love this!

I used a QR code for the first time this week on the "Sermon Notes" card. The sermon at Church this week was really good and I wanted to remember it. I wrote out a few of the things that convicted and encouraged me then included the QR code with a direct link to the recorded sermon. I used this site to generate my code and it was super easy!

Supplies Used:

Right Page: 
About the photos:
In the winter it is so hard for me to catch natural light since I work all day. For this muffin photo, top left, I didn't have to go into work till later so I took the opportunity to get some good photos. The muffins were good too :)

The clementine picture, top right,  was an Instagram snapshot. At first, I was looking for some paper to put behind it that would coordinate and I was having a really hard time. It is hard to find coordinating paper that doesn't overpower the picture! Then I remembered how Tracy Larsen documents her instagram pics and was inspired to just go with white. Learning so much about simple this week :)

The bottom 4x6 photos are both iPhone photos. Totally indulged in Cold Stone and it was delicious. I love how I can document things that Jason and I do together without necessarily having to have a picture of our faces.

Since I have practically been eating thin mints every couple of days over the last month I had to document the obsession. I used Cathy Zielske instagram template again - it's great and it's free!

Still loving my regular quote card and "this week" card. It is nice to be able to document things that went on that I didn't capture with my lens. 

Oh, and you should be so proud of me... I only used one Ali Edwards brush this week! ;)

Supplies Used:



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Ok all these scrummy looking food pictures have to stop, you are making me gain weight as I look. ;-) no seriously I love your pages (&food pics) and really like the muffin shot love the angle you took/ cropped to. Thanks Haley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your PL pages...simple and eye catching. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete