Sunday, February 2, 2014

Digital Project Life 2014: Goals + Title Page + January Pages

Goals for 2014 Project Life

One 12x12 page per week
Toward the end of the year last year I noticed that it was getting harder to fill up two 12x12 pages with photos. I was filling a lot of space with elements and filler cards. This year I don't want to stress so much about getting a picture every single day. I was to take pictures when I feel the creative impulse to do so. So far I have loved this decision. I am sure if I have a big week of photos I can go back to two 12x12s.

Use Paislee Press calendar journal card for title card
Last year I felt using a whole 4x6 slot for a title card was using a lot of real estate that I could be using for photos. I need the space even more this year because I am going down to one page a week. I decided to use these beautiful journal cards each week and circle the dates.

Use Paislee Press Week in Review cards
I love, love these cards. I love that I can write one small sentence for each day and be done. I am using the Day One app to keep track of what happens each day.

Keep elements and cards neutral
Let the photos bring the color. I spent a lot of time last year trying to match kits to my photos. I am all for simple this year so I want to start with a blank slate each week and add color as I add the photos. Already this month I have used a lot of the Midnight Project Life kit.

The decision to cut back a little this year was so I can keep this project fun. It was becoming somewhat of chore toward the end of 2013 so it was time to switch things up!
I will still be printing the 12x12 pages through Persnickety Prints and putting them in a binder. I so loved being able to add mementos and inserts in last years album.

Title Page
click on image for larger view
I kept things simple with my title page. I chose a few photos we took last December after one of our big snows then added cards from the Paislee Press Brightside kit. I love how it turned out!

January Pages
click on images for larger view

Thanks so much for looking, hope you enjoyed a glimpse at our January. Hopefully February will bring some better weather but I'm not counting on it!

Pin It!


  1. Love the look of your pages. I'm trying to go with a more simplified look this year too!

  2. Haley, I love the look of your pages! So clean, but so complete! Thanks for the inspiration!

  3. Hale-lee
    You are so creative. Really enjoyed this glimpse in your life. Beautiful!!

  4. Haley - I love your pages and your approach. I fell way behind in the last couple of months of 2013 so I have decided to do a Monthly layout on two 12x12 pages. I am hoping to be able to keep up with other projects and still record life being lived. Love the idea of going to one 12x12 per week though. We'll see how I do this year - maybe I will expand back to a weekly record. Love the inspiration you give to us through your faith and your pages! Thanks for sharing!
    Jocelyn Thompson